none
How to use OEMDataAbortHandler correctly? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I want to be able to reboot the WinCE600 device for data abort exceptions by using OEMDataAbortHandler. Is there anyone who has implemented it? Does it cause an unexpected result in Windows CE kernel architecture?

Thanks a lot for your helps and explanations,

Yasemin

Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi all,

OEMDataAbortHandler is not a member of OemGlobal. I can't make sure how this function should be used. I've been using i.MX23 BSP and it does not have DataAbortHandler implementation. I suppose it is using the default DataAbortHandler function in WINCE600\PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COREOS\NK\KERNEL\ARM\armtrap.s.

Should I create a .s file in any project under WINCE600\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\BSP\OAL\ and then define OEMDataAbortHandler there?

Monday, January 2, 2012 9:27 AM
  • You can use NKSetDataAbortHandler (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee479375(WinEmbedded.60).aspx) to overwrite the default data abort handler.
    Be aware that system can generate numerous of data abort in normal operation such as page fault. As most of the exceptions are recovered by kernel itself, if you just reboot the system whenever encounter a data abort, the system may not boot at all!
    Tuesday, January 3, 2012 8:18 PM