none
How developers find what they need? RRS feed

• Question

• What i want to know is that how will you find the method or class you need ,in docs?
    for example i want a method to do transfering i should read many thing in its category spent many of time to reading docs i mean i read more docs than writing.

apart from these how will you find the method or class you need?
    Friday, December 22, 2017 8:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• It comes from experience, having seen various solutions over the years and knowing what to look for when looking for a particular solution. 
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 5:28 AM
  • Hi Armin.Programmer,

In addition, I would suggest that you could pay attention to update on .NET – spanning new announcements, roadmap updates, and important support lifecycle changes. such as some document, blog, etc. like this:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/premier_developer/2015/07/27/net-lifecycle-roadmap-and-announcements/

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dotnet/2017/04/05/announcing-the-net-framework-4-7/

Best regards,

Zhanglong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 7:07 AM
  • Hi Armin.Programmer,

I also like add that watching various beginner's tutorial also gives you an idea about which method or class to choose when you write your code. You can look into Microsoft Virtual Academy as they have a good collection of courses on various Microsoft technologies. If you like to start learning you can look into the following tutorials.

Microsoft Virtual Academy

C# Fundamentals for Absolute Beginners

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, December 25, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi Armin.Programmer,

The more you know, the more questions. I've found some particular things very helpful as i wondered how to solve an item or thought : there must be an easier way. Many programmers already solved a similar problem. The question how to find them and then what to ask.

In my experience the crucial thing is collecting the correct keywords and describe your problem to the point. Then google, place the question in a forum and definitely look at the help files. Many of us are willing to answer an spot on question. 

Example: You are looking for a method to do transferring. This question is to big (transferring what? mail, bytes, transactions, etc.) Make your question to the point: for example: My application needs to send collected data by FTP to a server. How to setup FTP in my app and do the transfer? this is much easier to answer and also much easier to google and search here on the forum.

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Rudolf

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. 

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 2:47 PM
  • What i want to know is that how will you find the method or class you need ,in docs?
    for example i want a method to do transfering i should read many thing in its category spent many of time to reading docs i mean i read more docs than writing.

apart from these how will you find the method or class you need?

You write it yourself. 

If you want to find a method, then don't forget to put "Method" in the search string, if you want to find a Class then don't forget to insert "Class" in the search string. 

Success Cor

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 3:27 PM