none
EWS Migration changed receive date on all items. RRS feed

• Question

• We have recently been migrating a large number of users from an external domain into our own using EWS.

Unfortunately, apparently a known bug, when EWS migrated the mail items the received date stamp was changed to the time of the migration.

This has caused an issue with our Enterprise Vault archiving as every mailbox, some 15 years old, have no archiving occurring.

Is there any possible way to change the received time stamp (PR_MESSAGE_DELIVERY_TIME, PidTagMessageDeliveryTime) to be the same as the sent value (PR_CLIENT_SUBMIT_TIME, PidTagClientSubmitTime) through a script so that we can get those mails archiving? I know this is possible in the basic sense as I used MFCMAPI to change the values of a test mail item.

Another issue is these mailboxes have some pretty deep mail folder trees and all items need to be changed. Doing this manually would take years!

Thanks in advance

Guy

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:19 PM

Answers

• You will not be able to change these properties using the Outlook Object Model (OOM resets them when an item is saved), you will need either Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only) or Redemption (use RDOMail.Fields[]).

The only properties you cannot change are PR_CREATION_TIME and PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME - these are set by the store provider whenever a message is created/saved.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:31 PM

All replies

• You will not be able to change these properties using the Outlook Object Model (OOM resets them when an item is saved), you will need either Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only) or Redemption (use RDOMail.Fields[]).

The only properties you cannot change are PR_CREATION_TIME and PR_LAST_MODIFICATION_TIME - these are set by the store provider whenever a message is created/saved.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.4 is now available!

Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:31 PM
  • Thank you for that Dmitry.

I'll have a look into that...

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:42 PM