none
Outlook Add-In Ribbon Control does not appear in Add-Ins in Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm working on a VSTO Outlook Add-In built using Visual Studio 2015 (Outlook 2010 VSTO Add-In Project Template) with Target .NET version 4.0. Then, in the project, I added Ribbon (Visual Designer). Then, inside the ribbon, I added a Button control found under Office Ribbon Controls

When I run the project by clicking on Start in Visual Studio, Outlook 2007 opens and the VSTO Add-In is loaded (according to the Add-Ins list). However, I can't see the ribbon or the button control I added in designer. Why is that? Below is a screenshot of the ribbon I have added. Please help. Some code snippets are below:

In Ribbon1.Designer.cs I have set this.RibbonType = "Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer";

The .xml of the ribbon is given below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <customUI onLoad="Ribbon_Load" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui">
        <ribbon>
            <tabs>
                <tab idMso="TabAddIns">
                    <group id="group1" label="group1">
                        <button id="button1" label="button1" showImage="false" />
                    </group>
                </tab>
            </tabs>
        </ribbon>
    </customUI>

Thursday, November 23, 2017 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi swdon,

Why do you want to do via customizing the ribbon in Explorer? When you try to set the RibbonType manually, you will find the RibbonType does not provide "Microsoft.Outlook.Explorer" option.

Unlike other applications in the 2007 Microsoft Office system,Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 uses both the Ribbon and command bars for Microsoft Office Fluent UI. For Outlook 2007 Explorer, it still used command bars so you could not custom ribbon for Outlook 2007 Explorer. 

Please refer to below link for more information.

Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

• Proposed as answer by RLWA32 Friday, November 24, 2017 1:05 PM
    Friday, November 24, 2017 10:01 AM