none
SSIS Oracle 11g 64 bit client upgrade Issue RRS feed

• Question

• After the oracle client upgrade from 10g to 11g, the ssis  jobs are getting failed  for the  BadImageFormatException. Attempt to load Oracle client libraries threw This problem will occur when running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client components installed.

But the same package with same system requirements and same sql agent configuration  is wroking fine in DIT. Please find below the system configuration in both environment.

DIT

Oracle Client - Oracle 11g 64 bit , Microsoft SQL Server - 32 and 64bit, Windows machine - 64 bt SP4, In job there is no configuration in command line to run in 32 bit mode since we are using the  are using the .Net Provider/OracleClient Data Provider connection manager to the database . 

UAT :

Oracle Client - Oracle 11g 64 bit , Microsoft SQL Server - 32 and 64bit, Windows machine - 64 bt SP4, In job there is no configuration in command line to run in 32 bit mode

In UAT, Everything looks as DIT but the job is not working fine in DIT.

I have gone through all the thread related to 32 64 bit, .Net Oracle client provide but i haven't found any solution for this problem.

Can you please tell me the missed out configuration in DIT and UAT? the exact problem for this issue ? what is the oracle components required for this connection?  Its urgent.

Thanks

Satheesh

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:26 PM

Answers

• You probably have both the SSIS 32 and 64 bit installed.

Look into your PATH Environmental variable in prod and compare to what is in DIT/UAT.

You may spot a difference in 64 path preceding the 32 bit one or vice versa. Perhaps worth placing each record on its own line. Look really careful (may be even use a diff tool). Do you see any difference?

Specifically these entries: 32 bit path <drive>:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn, while the 64-bit directory path is <drive>:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn.)

If they are different, flip them over and re-try running your package.

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    • Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Tuesday, September 20, 2011 9:00 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:52 PM