none
NET Framework 4.5 silent install not silent RRS feed

• General discussion

• I've tried using /q /norestart and I still get prompts.  I then tried /passive /no restart and then it is displayed on the screen.  I would like a completely silent installation, but can seem to make it work.  Ideas?
    Wednesday, September 5, 2012 2:37 PM

All replies

• Do you mean you were asked to give Admin privilege to the installation?

Admin privilege is required when you tried to install any software, it seems it can not be canceled.

Regards,

Garros------

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:29 AM
  • I have given admin privileges, and no I don't get prompted for admin privileges..

I am using ZENworks to do the installation, but I also use the same thing for MANY other programs. I have it set to dynamically as an admin.

I basically get an icon in the taskbar, but it doesn't show anything.  I click that icon, and it take me to the classic shell and I get a back asking my if I want to view message or wait.  I click View Now and I see the installation going, then there is a box that says Restore Now.  That takes me back to the standard Win7 desktop.  The icon will show up two more times.  One while extracting, once while installing, and once at the end.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 2:49 PM
  • Used this and works just fine:

http://www.wincert.net/forum/topic/10480-slim-net-framework-45-full-x86x64-10-13-2012/

Had ZERO issues.

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:40 PM