none
Cannot install any Store app, error 0xd000a284, any idea? RRS feed

• Question

• Strange issue just happened to my PC - I cannot install any new app from Windows Store with error 0xd000a284 (Bing found no answers for this error Id).

What is even more strange, I can deploy my currently developed app from Visual Studio if the version is 1.0.0.1, but not 1.0.0.3 - this number was reached by auto-increase when creating packages.

Also I can remove and install again any previously downloaded apps.

I've tried Restore Point but with no success. Any Idea what to do? As long as deploying from Visual Studio works, I can live with that, but it's really limiting as far as I can say.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 9:30 AM

Answers

• Somehow the latest Windows Update fixed my problem, or the problem disappeared around that time :)
    • Marked as answer by Martin Suchan Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:06 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:06 AM

All replies

• Make sure that you have removed previous installation from running the app from Visual Studio. Remove, then download the app from the store. I know this was a problem with my first app and support told me that that's why

Thursday, May 9, 2013 10:47 AM
  • I've removed all metro apps apps that could be removed - the powershell command for listing all apps now shows only Store, ControlPanel and BrowserChoice.

I's really strange that I can deploy my app from VS when I set the version to 1.0.0.1 or 1.0.0.2, bot not with higher version. It's like app cache is stuck somewhere.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:55 PM
  • Hi Martin,

Please try to un-install the apps, change the region settings on your machine then re-install, then change the region back.
    • Proposed as answer by Jasteb_Czech Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:25 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Jasteb_Czech Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:27 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:25 PM
  • Changed the region in Control Panel to Germany and United States - still the same problem.
    Friday, May 10, 2013 7:36 AM
  • This happened to one of my friends as well. The problem was with the mobile service provider.
    Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:05 AM
  • What you mean by "mobile service provider"? I'm attached to local LAN/WiFi.
    Monday, May 20, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Somehow the latest Windows Update fixed my problem, or the problem disappeared around that time :)
    • Marked as answer by Martin Suchan Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:06 AM
    Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:06 AM