Using HttpWebRequest in Silverlight 3 with headers crash Google Chrome 3 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Even if the subjet seem completed, here's more details. I found what looks like a bug in Silverlight 3 under Google Chrome. While trying to fetch binary data, I was inserting an header in the request. The result : Silverlight is crashing the browser! (the page turned black with a sad skull). But, it works when fetching on localhost, but not on any public url. Weird problem... But as soon I removed the headers from the request, it was working perfectly. Carl.
    Friday, October 2, 2009 4:26 PM

All replies

• Chrome 3 was unsupported browser at the time. Please try with latest Chrome and let us know if you see the same issue.

Regards, 

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 1:32 AM
  • A lot of glitches seem to be solved in v4, but I did'nt try this one yet.  I'll post here if there's any new problem about it.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 11:16 AM
  • To confirm, using latest SL4 and latest Google Chrome 6.0.472.63, using Headers causes Google Chrome to crash sometimes, but mainly when downloading JPG files. http://interlink.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=228590

Sunday, September 26, 2010 2:12 PM