Find Folder On asp.net button click RRS feed

• Question

• User-807418713 posted

Hello

In aspx page i have one button. I load my website in phone example www.xyzxyzxyz.com/Default.aspx in phone it there will be one folder name called ABC

then i will click find button in my page it should show the folder location of ABC folder in label

how to do so..?

Monday, February 22, 2021 10:45 AM

Answers

• User-1330468790 posted

Hi Gopi.MCA,

Again, it is not possible to do that via Web. 

As you can read this article to understand the Filesystem API and Browser support & storage limitations.

https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem//#:~:text=It's%20important%20to%20remember%20that,My%20Documents%2C%20etc.).

Useful extractions:

A web app can request access to a sandboxed file system by calling window.requestFileSystem().

If you're calling requestFileSystem() for the first time, new storage is created for your app. It's important to remember that this file system is sandboxed, meaning one web app cannot access another app's files. This also means you cannot read/write files to an arbitrary folder on the user's hard drive (for example My Pictures, My Documents, etc.).

Hope helps.

Best regards,

Sean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:26 AM

All replies

• User-1330468790 posted

Hi Gopi.MCA,

Do you mean that you want to access the file system of that phone and list all of the folder's locations with the name "ABC"?

It is not possible since Javascript, which is used in the client side, doesn't have access to the file system.

If you want to search for the folder location based on a name using C#, you could try this: 

How to: Enumerate directories and files

Hope helps.

Best regards,

Sean

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 6:56 AM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello

Do you mean that you want to access the file system of andriod phone and list all of the folder's locations with the name "ABC"? yes 

user will open our site and he will type foldername and give search it has to show the location 

Tuesday, February 23, 2021 7:11 PM
  • User-1330468790 posted

Hi Gopi.MCA,

Again, it is not possible to do that via Web. 

As you can read this article to understand the Filesystem API and Browser support & storage limitations.

https://www.html5rocks.com/en/tutorials/file/filesystem//#:~:text=It's%20important%20to%20remember%20that,My%20Documents%2C%20etc.).

Useful extractions:

A web app can request access to a sandboxed file system by calling window.requestFileSystem().

If you're calling requestFileSystem() for the first time, new storage is created for your app. It's important to remember that this file system is sandboxed, meaning one web app cannot access another app's files. This also means you cannot read/write files to an arbitrary folder on the user's hard drive (for example My Pictures, My Documents, etc.).

Hope helps.

Best regards,

Sean

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2021 5:26 AM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello

Thank you for your reply

Our requirment is that we have our own website where 6-8 user have own login and they will have .xls files in there mobiles folder, we want to copy all .xls to our server on button click.. and it has to show alert after upload to our server todays file updated succesfully.

Thanking You

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 8:44 AM
  • User-807418713 posted

Hello

Any best options for my requirments. Thanking you

Sunday, February 28, 2021 6:56 PM