ASP.Net Web Application and AJAX RRS feed

• Question

• User2021171944 posted

I have a problem where, I have a ASP.Net Web Application built with VB. www.talentjacksearch.com is the website. On the pc, I can access the website (Login, registration, etc..) But if I use a iPhone, Android phone or Mac,  I receive a ScriptManager error. The error states the following: the control with ID 'Button1_ConfirmExtender' requires a scriptmanager on the page. The script Manager  must appear before any controls that need it". I have various Ajax extenders throughout the website. But for now, this error occurs on my registration page where I have the confirmextender located for a agree to the terms and condition. Temporarily removed to allow users to register. This error only occurs on Macs/iPhones/Cell Phones that I am aware of. I do have a systemmanager in the master page. I also know that I need something called a scriptmanagerproxy to make this work. Can someone show me how to do this by replicating what I need as an example where a scriptmanager is already present in the master page.  Meaning, create a Confirm Extender in a ASP.Net Web Application VB registration page, and show how and where to create the scriptmanagerproxy to make this work. 

Step 1 create a new "ASP.Net Web Application" in VB preferably or C#

Step 2 Register to create the database

Step 3 Add AJAX toolkit if not yet installed

Step 4 Add a Confirm Extender to the Registration button located in the Account Folder

Step 5 Try to make it work :-)

Step 6, Check to see if your iphone or mac allows you to register to verify it works.

Show how to do this with screen prints if possible.

I figure that if this will work, i can figure out the other AJAX tools  I am utilizing on the site. Thank you in advance

Note: I had to remove the extender temporarily till this is figured out to allow users to register. 

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 5:36 PM

All replies

• User839733648 posted

Hi wmoncure,

Because AJAX doesn't play well with Safari by default, so you have to try another solution to make it work.

But I suggest that you could create a js code and then modify your scriptmanager.

The specific steps you may refer to the link:(the marked answer)

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1247032/asp-net-dynamic-validators-dont-work-in-chrome-or-safari 

Best Regards,

Jenifer

Thursday, October 25, 2018 10:13 AM
  • User2021171944 posted

Thanks, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I don't have problems with safari or chrome. My problem is any mobile device, either android or iPhone  and Mac Computers, seems to not render the AJAX Extenders. They error out asking for a "script manager" even though it is present in the site.master page. If what I mentioned above, to show how to make the register button could work, I could then figure out the rest.  The Web application must be set up with a login set up. then add a confirm extender. I didn't create a Windows webform or a simple webform. I created using a ASP.Net Web Application (.NET Framework) in VB, Webforms and MVC is selected along with "individual User Accounts". I hope these details helps. 

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 12:38 AM
  • User-2054057000 posted

Check if your website has a separate master page for mobile views. It is normally named as Site.Mobile.Master and is in the root of the application. Add your script manager to Site.Mobile.Master to.

Friday, December 21, 2018 11:06 AM