none
HD Face Basics-WPF - Yaw/Pitch required for Left/Right/Up mesh deformation process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone. I have been playing around with the HD Face Basics - WPF code that comes with the SDK and was hoping someone could help me out with following request:

According to the Programming Kinect for Windows video 5 - Fusion, Face, HD Face (starting at 28:20), the HD Face Basics code requires 16 frames in total to deform the face values to match the face being acquired: 4 straight on, 4 left, 4 right, and 4 with the face tilted upwards.  Later on, a video is displayed from the Kinect Sports game in which the face is shown making these rotations to the left, right, and up with markers indicating exactly how far the face needs to be turned/tilted (starts at 32:20).

My question to anyone here is how can I find out the exact Yaw and Pitch required by the system to acquire the necessary frames. By my own research, this doesn't seem to be a fixed value (so not just a value of -10 degree Yaw for the Right or 10 degree pitch) but can vary depending on the person being imaged. I could be wrong about this, but, given the video displayed by Kinect Sports, there is obviously some calculated value for the Yaw and Pitch for the required frames to be acquired by the process.  

If anyone has an idea of how I can access this part of the process to see what exact values it is expecting, I would greatly appreciate it. As of now, I simply approximate the left/right rotation by assuming a 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock position respectively but would like to come up with a more exacting value than this.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 6:27 PM