ManualResetEvent and Using a project reference in Shared Project?

Question

• I recently just started writing an Universal App for the first time, and it’s also my first time with C# (most of my mobile experience is in Java and Android). I was reading a post on SQLite-WinRT: http://andywigleyblog.azurewebsites.net/?p=53.

I’m having trouble with two things:

1. ManualResetEvent seems to be available for Windows Phone Silverlight, but not a part of the Windows Modern App APIs. I’ve searched in the available .NET APIs, but System.Threading doesn't have ManualResetEvent for modern apps.
    2. For Universal Apps, App.xaml.cs is located in the Shared Project Reference. However, from the shared project reference, I need to access a reference SQLiteWinRT, but the reference is in my modern app project, so I can't access it using 'using'. How do I access this reference from a Shared Project Reference?

Edit: #2 I was able to figure out. I had to add SQLiteWinRT to both Windows 8 and Windows Phone project.

Edit: #1 Turns out it is available. Under System.Threading. Windows dev/center search just can't find it.  (-‸ლ) The docs are very confusing.

• Edited by Qoheleth07 Wednesday, April 08, 2015 6:02 PM
    Wednesday, April 08, 2015 4:23 AM

Answers

• 1) You're right. Why do you need that method?

2) Glad you figured it out.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:08 PM

All replies

• 1) You're right. Why do you need that method?

2) Glad you figured it out.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 2:08 PM
  • Hi Qoheleth07,

Thanks for sharing the solution with us, I will mark Matt's reply to close this question, if you still have questions to ask, please feel free to let us know :)

Thanks for your understanding,

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:43 AM