NVIDIA Quadro NVS 135M display drivers on Windows 8?

Question

• I have a Dell Latitude 64 Bit. Windows 7 works great on it. But I can't get the display drivers for Windows 8. From the Delll website they don't work (says OS is not supported) and with DriverMax forcing it, it says the same thing. Does anyone know of a workaround?
    Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• try to get the latest driver from nVIDIA, extract the driver and try to install the driver with the device manager.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, September 24, 2011 6:15 PM
  • Generally, unless you are a developer or have a good business reason not to do so, you should keep yourself away from the Developer Preview.

Basically, drivers are not ready at this time. For some cards, there are drivers available on Windows Update. If this is not your case, you need to either

(i) wait a few months as more drivers are comming before the final release,

(ii) try the newest drivers from your (iia) computer or (iib) graphic card vendor,

(iii) manually edit inf files to force them to install but they might not work then,

(iv) keep yourself happy with the basic driver from Microsoft.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi Brady,

If the NVIDIA graphics display drivers does not work you should try the "Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* 7 64 (exe)". In this case you will be able to use the integrated graphics controller of Intel.

You will find more information here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:07 PM
  • Hi Brady

I would go to the Nvidia website and download the drivers for your card from there. If they will not load try compatability mode? Good luck!!!

Thursday, September 29, 2011 10:26 PM
  • I ended up getting a difference computer from work so this wasn't an issue. But getting the drivers and installing them with Device Manager doesn't work, that's the whole reason I posted on here. I tried everything to get those drivers to work.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 8:58 PM