Server error after deployment of 3-tier application RRS feed

• Question

• After deploying my 3-tier application, opening the application in IIS (using the "Browse" link) produces the following:

I have yet to find any documentation online that can help me with this error.

Thanks,

Sean

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:55 PM

Answers

• Thanks Huy, for the additional response.

I ended up reinstalling the OS on the web server I was using to deploy LightSwitch applications. After the clean install and Web Platform Installer setup, all of my weird deployment issues seemed to go away and everything is fine now. :D

As a note of interest, before the reinstall the web server was also hosting a Sharepoint site. I think it really interfered with the deployment of additional web sites on that server.

Thanks!

Sean

• Marked as answer by spsalsm Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:08 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using some external framework for your server code? I think the proper fix is to use NuGet to add the correct package to your project.

The quick fix is on your development machine

• Switch to File View
    • Go to the Server project
    • Find and add a reference to Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll, set it to copy local
    • Republish your project. This will copy the file to the server.

Best regards,
    Huy

Friday, May 24, 2013 1:36 AM
  • Hi Huy,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not aware of using any external framework for my server code. I built it all with LightSwitch. I added the reference to that assembly in my Server project, set it to copy local and redeployed, but encountered the same screen again when I tried to go to the website.

Thanks,

Sean

Friday, May 24, 2013 6:16 PM
  • Hi Sean,

Looks like from your screenshot you're deploying to IIS on the same development machine? If so, can you go to the application folder and check if Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll exists under bin folder?

Another way to verify that publishing is copying the file to the server is to perform a publish to a package, then check if the dll exists under Application\Application\Bin\Debug|Retail\app.publish\bin

Best regards,
    Huy

• Unmarked as answer by spsalsm Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:08 PM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:49 AM
  • Thanks Huy, for the additional response.

I ended up reinstalling the OS on the web server I was using to deploy LightSwitch applications. After the clean install and Web Platform Installer setup, all of my weird deployment issues seemed to go away and everything is fine now. :D

As a note of interest, before the reinstall the web server was also hosting a Sharepoint site. I think it really interfered with the deployment of additional web sites on that server.

Thanks!

Sean

Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:07 PM