none
Additional voices in TTS Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I am developing a Text-to-Speech Application and I have faced the problem - my application can convert text to speech only by standard Vista voice "Microsoft Anna". Please could you tell me how to add additional voices and languages to the application.
    • Moved by Harry Zhu Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:27 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Saturday, May 22, 2010 6:26 PM

All replies

• There are several companies out there that create TTS voices.  I have done quite a bit of searching and free voices are hard to find and the ones that are available for free aren't very good (at least as far as I have seen).  I use some of Cepstral's voices in different languages for testing but I use the free versions which are "watermarked", every once and a while the voice will pause what I told it to say and will tell me that I should purchase it.

You shouldn't worry about specific voices in your application though.  Voices get installed onto the computer and you should be able to query the system for its installed voices at runtime.

Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:07 AM
  • Yes, I also tried one of the Cepstral voices - a German - Mattias if I am not mistaken - and my tts application and standard Vista tts program determine that this voice is installed at the computer but they refuse to reproduce this voice.

Although the separate Cepstral trial program (that is installed with this voice ) reproduces this voice perfectly.

Monday, May 24, 2010 10:04 AM
  •        Hello,

The question relating to speech is beyond the scope of this forum, I suggest you try some forums for speech, which are listed at the end of this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/speech/default.aspx

Thanks,

Harry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:27 AM