none
Missing cable for Kinect v2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I bought the kinect v2 for windows and also the adapter, but I cant seem to get it working.

The audio is fine, but not video.

I bought a recommended dedicated USB3 PCIe card and tried it in all slots inc. 16. Still no video.

I am looking at trying to reduce voxels/frame rates etc but havent yet figured out how to do that.

I'm not on the PC in question at the moment, but its got an Intel 4400 graphics card. Win 8.1, Direct X 11, plenty of RAM etc.

My initial question is: what are the adapter cables for ?! I am connected using the supplied USB connector from the actual Kinect, and not the adapter. In fact there is no way for me to attach my connect using the adapter cables, as it seems to expect a really non-standard fitting (I would guess from an Xbox?). So have I been sent the wrong set of cables?

I can send more info if someone wants to help, I've tried quite a lot of other things.

Thanks

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:42 AM

All replies

• I don't think you're missing a cable, if the audio is fine.

Use the usb3.0 cables to attach to your computer's usb3.0 slot. Attach the power cords correctly, and attach the Kinect cord appropiately to your Kinect for windows adapter. There are no other cords requred.

If you're having problems with video check your video driver as found in the troubleshooting steps.

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:28 PM
  • If you bought the Kinect 2 for Windows then there is no need for an additional adapter as adapter is already part of the package.

Could you please run the Kinect Configuration Verifier from the SDK and show us the result? 

Thursday, July 23, 2015 8:46 AM
  • This is how the cables connect.  If you are able to plug the Kinect directly into the computer, that's not the correct Kinect/setup.  You may have a Kinect v1 used for xBox 360; you need the new version of the Kinect used for xBox One.

Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:01 PM