locked
DD 4 Linq to sql site added to Empty Solution - partial classes not working anymore RRS feed

  • Question

  • User1023444567 posted

    I can create a DD website Linq to SQL and get partial classes to work (to make fields required, add a custom filter, etc).
    I found that I could not add a "website" to my source control (VisualSVN) because the solution file is in the project folder but the rest is in the websites folder. It says all items must be under one level in order to be added to VSVN.
    So, I started over with an emtpy solution so it would all be in one folder. I recreated the DD linq to sql website. Now the partial classes don't work. They don't throw any error, but rather seem to be completely ignored. I added some breakpoints and they are not hit. I have double checked the partial name is correct and matches what is in the dbml.  Is there something I need to tweak to use it this way?

    Or, if you have a way to modify the visual studio structure of a "website" to all be in one folder that may work as well.

    Thanks for any ideas.

    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:24 AM

Answers

  • User-330204900 posted

    it will certanly be a namespace issue, you could just move the original website to a folde runder your solution and then re add it :)

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:39 AM

All replies

  • User-330204900 posted

    it will certanly be a namespace issue, you could just move the original website to a folde runder your solution and then re add it :)

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:39 AM
  • User1023444567 posted

    I had two projects in the solution. I deleted one of them (not needed anymore). That didnt help.

    I moved my two datasets from the root folder back into the app_code and it throws the error BC30269: 'Public Sub New()' has multiple definitions with identical signatures.
     which is why I was forced to move these to the root of the project in the first place (per some posts I found). I don't know if that is playing into my issue or not.

    I'm not sure how you are suggesting to move the site folders. Can you clarify? Are you saying to move the PunchoutAdmin folder inside the Punchout_Admin folder that is at the same level as it?  I know what you mean by re-adding it. Thanks for your quick reply.

    This is the structure:
    Projects: Punchout_Admin

    -packages (folder)
    -Punchout_Admin (folder) with .vbproj and MyProjects inside

    -PunchoutAdmin (folder) with the website inside

    -the .sln and .suo

    Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:29 PM
  • User-330204900 posted

    ~Hi I generally arrange my Solutions as follows:

    1. Create asolution folder with the solution file inside
    2. Add any class library project to the solution folder
    3. Move and web site folders to the solution folder

    then if nessacery remove and add the projects to the solution file, a little orgonisation has helped me a lot.

    Note: I no longer use web site priject sbut always use Web Application projects this has made life much easier for me.

    Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:37 PM
  • User1023444567 posted

    I also don't usually use a website project but thought I would just test this out. Turned out to be pretty usable but somewhere along the way I confused it (and myself).

    I tried to restructure but no go on that. I started a new project and brought the items in and it all works now. Thanks much.

    Thursday, February 6, 2014 2:01 PM