WinRT for Ms Dynamics NAV RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am new to Ms Dynamics NAV.  I would like to know:

1.  is there any office WinRT Sample for Ms Dynamics NAV?

2. What are the required components or NAV-SDK for WinRT App development.

3. What are the methods to access Ms Dynamics NAV in WinRT App.

Thanks

Saturday, September 7, 2013 2:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Machine7,

Because they are both belong to the Microsoft Dynamics, that's why I suggest you some CRM usage.

Ok, the only doucment I can find is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355398.aspx but this is only for 2009 version, I don't know if this can be adapted with 2013 edition.

Best Regard,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Machine7 Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Machine7,

As far as I know, there are no such official sample for MS Dynamics NAV (Microsoft Dynamics CRM Product). But I'd like to provide you some links that you could benefit from:

Building Dynamics CRM Applications for Windows 8 – Practical Approaches

Using the CRM 2011 OData service from a Metro style app

Connecting CRM Online and a Windows 8 Tiled App (Kind of sample)

Getting started with the CRM 2011 Windows Store app sample (Recommend sample)

The last question:What are the methods to access Ms Dynamics NAV in WinRT App.

The best way is to calling a webservice, a blog from CRM Team is available: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2012/11/02/building-clients-for-windows-phone-and-windows-8-rt.aspx. If you wish to know how ASMX works in winrt, look this: Help me! How do I connect to an ASMX web service?

Best Regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 9, 2013 1:59 AM
  • Hi Jamles Hez,

Thanks for the links. This will help me on the Dynamics CRM. However, I need to work on Dynamics NAV (Navision).  It will be great if there is tutorial or sample on how to access NAV Webservices.

Thanks

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 12:55 AM
  • Hi Machine7,

Because they are both belong to the Microsoft Dynamics, that's why I suggest you some CRM usage.

Ok, the only doucment I can find is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd355398.aspx but this is only for 2009 version, I don't know if this can be adapted with 2013 edition.

Best Regard,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Machine7 Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:13 AM
  • Hi Machine7,

Best Regard,

--James

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thank you so much. This is what I was looking for. 

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:45 AM