none
In-Box Driver Replacing Device Driver during Plug and Play Driver Test(Certification) under Win8 WHCK RRS feed

• Question

• We are seeing our device driver being replace by the in-box "motherboard resources" driver during the Plug and Play Driver Test(certification) test.  (Actually the "motherboard resources" driver isn't really a driver, it indicates under the driver details that no driver is installed.)

The device is a virtual ACPI device that we install against.

The driver is signed with a test certificate.  During installation, we are prompted that this is not a MSFT-signed driver, but that is expect.  When we reboot, the driver remains in place.

However, when running the test in question, our driver is removed and replaced.  After that the test fails because it cannot find our driver.

There was a similar issue but the solution they found in that thread will not work in our case and it appears the issue is closed.  Refer to http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wdk/thread/2e85dc04-30ce-4e6f-81af-2aaa6dd50495

It says there was a sighting opened.  What is the status of that sighting?

• Edited by Dr. Phin Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:43 PM
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:50 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

We are yet to get feedback on that issue from MS. Looks like they are quite busy with number of issues. Will post my resolution once i get it.

I guess it would be better if you also take up this issue with MS since this is a different device class.

Karthikeyan

Friday, July 13, 2012 4:40 AM
  • We are hoping not to have to file a sighting.  We are wondering if it is just an environment issue, but based on the symptoms and the fact that the driver previously passed WHQL on Windows 7, we believe this may be a MSFT issue.  We plan on retesting the driver on Windows 7, as there have been changes in our build environment.  If it passes, we will be filing an issue.
    Friday, July 13, 2012 5:30 AM