Recommended ways of designing reports in windows 8/ WinRT

General discussion

• We are working on a WinRT LOB app and the app must have many reports. We have decided to design this app using HTML+ JavaScript. We will be designing more than 100 reports so any report builder tool will be best for our need. I have not seen any sample over data intensive reports in windows 8 yet. So what is the best way of designing reports for a WinRT app? 
    Monday, January 20, 2014 11:43 AM

All replies

• "Best way" is a really subjective term.  Are you running into any specific issue that you'd like to ask about, or are you just looking to discuss with people who've done this before?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:09 PM
  • We are about to final the design of system. When we are doing app in HTML+JavaScript, we can design all those in individual html files with data logic in JS files. Is there any better approach of designing reports because we don't want to spend time in designing these many different html reports ?

Hope I made my point clear.

Monday, January 27, 2014 7:24 AM
  • I'm not sure this qualifies as "the best way", but I'm using parts of this in my own Enterprise Windows8 Store App to "print" content to the PDF format.

I hope it helps you with yours.

Rendering PDF Content in Windows Store Apps (from //Build 2012):

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2013/3-175

Regards,

Christine

Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:45 PM