none
RDP always asks for Capability re-exchange after getting connected with RemoteApp RRS feed

• Question

• After Font Map PDU,  the server send some Fast-path Update PDU, then a serial  Set Error Info PDU, Deactive All PDU,  Demand Acitve PDU.

Why Capability re-exchange ? I found the two Demand Acitve PDU are equal.

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 11:30 AM

Answers

• Hi Fowieojfow:

Dactivation-reactivation sequence, as described in MS-RDPBCGR section 1.3.1.3, is also used to connect the client to an existing session. The session you logged in to is a new session. If there is a session on the server for the same client that it used last time (called existing session), the server connects client to that session. This causes the deactivation-activation sequence, even if the capabilities have not changed.

Please let me know if this does not answer your question.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:20 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hello fowieojfow

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. A support engineer will be in touch shortly to assist you further.

Thanks.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:26 PM
  • Hi fewieojfow:

I'll look into it and will be in touch as soon as I have an answer.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:15 PM
    Owner
  • Hi fowieojfow,

What you are observing is called "Deactivation-Reconnection Sequence" and is described in section 1.3.1.3 of MS-RDPBCGR.

A client must always be prepared to handle this sequence.

Please let me know if it does not answer your question.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:37 PM
    Owner
  • Hi

I wonder why remoteapp need "Deactivation-Reconnection Sequence". Does this mean, mstsc.exe need "Deactive All PDU" to clear its graphics,  for the remoteapp drawing later?

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:00 AM
  • Hi Fowieojfow:

I am looking into it and will be in touch as soon as I have an answer.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:59 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Fowieojfow:

Dactivation-reactivation sequence, as described in MS-RDPBCGR section 1.3.1.3, is also used to connect the client to an existing session. The session you logged in to is a new session. If there is a session on the server for the same client that it used last time (called existing session), the server connects client to that session. This causes the deactivation-activation sequence, even if the capabilities have not changed.

Please let me know if this does not answer your question.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:20 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you.

I confirmed that "Deactivation-Reconnection Sequence" is used to connect the client to an existing session.

I  logout all session on my Win2008 server manully,  then the new rail session does not show "Deactivation-Reconnection Sequence".

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 2:10 AM