Windows Developer Preview 64-bit freezes every 15 minutes

Question

• Hi

I have similar issue: My windows 7 is running superbly fine. windows 8_64 keep freezing sometimes up to 15 minutes. everything is up to date and everything seems fine. i have same issue  when i tried to test it on  MBR drive or on  GPT/MBR hybrid drive install . my monitor is LED which is new and do not have any issue i even updated my Motherboard to new one and bought a new Nvidia card serie 9 and same issues.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 2:46 PM

Answers

• Hey Thetruth,

I've split your response into its own thread so that the community can focus on the problem you are encountering. If you are reading this from your email you can find your new thread by following these steps:

• Open the MSDN forums
    • Click My Threads in the right column

Have you already installed the latest available drivers for your computer's hardware? If not, please visit your computer manufacturer's website to download/install the latest available drivers. If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hey Thetruth,

I've split your response into its own thread so that the community can focus on the problem you are encountering. If you are reading this from your email you can find your new thread by following these steps:

• Open the MSDN forums
    • Click My Threads in the right column

Have you already installed the latest available drivers for your computer's hardware? If not, please visit your computer manufacturer's website to download/install the latest available drivers. If a driver isn't able to install successfully, try using the compatibility troubleshooter to see if it can help the driver to install properly. The compatibility troubleshooter can be opened by:

• Enter the Start screen
    • Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    • Select Search
    • Type Compatibility
    • Click Settings in the right column
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver. You will likely want to choose the choice for This program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now when it is given if the latest driver is only applicable to a different version of Windows.

Hope that helps.

Steven
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 11:04 PM
  • Another thing to check is the possibility your RAM is bad.  Although Windows has a rudimentary built-in memory checker, you may be better served with a more thorough solution.  Head on over to  http://www.memtest.org and download the latest version.  Burn the iso and boot your system with the disk.
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:03 AM