Installation failed task 119 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I'm trying to deploy Azure Stack on a dedicated host and I had this error, at the task 119:

I changed the time zone for my HPV, to UTC -8, like my AD. I relaunched the script and always the same error.

Anyone had the same error during the deployment?

Thanks.

Florent

Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:50 PM

Answers

• Hello Florent,

i went through the same issue, it was actually a network related issue. the NATVM could not access internet so AAD could not be contacted for authentication. It looks like you are going through the same issue as i can see you have a realm discovery issue. Please ensure that your NATVM has connectivity to internet. You may have to specify it's IP and Gateway manually with the the deployazurestack.ps1 script. (that's what i actually had to do myself)

• Marked as answer by Flodu31MVP Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:15 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:17 AM

All replies

• Does the Bios of the Hyper-V host have any timezone settings?
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:53 PM
  • The log that I found in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Logs\AzureStackDeployment-Error.txt:

user_realm_discovery_failed: User realm discovery failed
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-AzureStackToken], AdalSer 
       viceException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.IdentityModel.Clients.ActiveDirectory. 
       AdalServiceException,Microsoft.AzureStack.Commands.Security.GetToken
        + PSComputerName        : PortalVM.AzureStack.local

Invoke-AzureStackInstaller : Some component configuration fails. Please check 
    output for details.
    At F:\AzureStackInstaller\PoCAzureStackServicesInstaller\Microsoft.AzureStackIn
    staller.Master.ps1:1052 char:1
    + Invoke-AzureStackInstaller -SettingsXml $SettingsXml -DeploymentCrede ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep 
       tion
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio 
       n,Invoke-AzureStackInstaller

Start-PocAzureStackServicesInstallerTasks : POCAzureStackServicesInstaller 
    failed because the following tasks failed: aad
    At C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Deployment\RunAzureStackDeploymentTask.p
    s1:158 char:19
    + ...        $result = & "Start-$moduleName`Tasks" -StatusUpdatedCallback {
    +                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       tion
       n,Start-PocAzureStackServicesInstallerTasks

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Deployment\RunAzureStackDeploymentTask.ps1 
    : Azure Stack deployment failed in Task Group PocFabricInstaller
    At C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\AzureStack\Deployment\Invoke-AzureStackDeployment.p
    s1:41 char:5
    +     & $PSScriptRoot\RunAzureStackDeploymentTask.ps1 -ErrorAction Stop ...
    +     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       tion
       n,RunAzureStackDeploymentTask.ps1

Saturday, January 30, 2016 8:58 PM
  • Hi Florent,

Thank you for providing this information. We have engaged the relevant team to investigate this issue further.

Just to confirm, are you using the global admin for your Azure Active Directory Account per step 6 of the instructions under Run the PowerShell deployment script?

Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:52 AM
  • Hello Florent,

i went through the same issue, it was actually a network related issue. the NATVM could not access internet so AAD could not be contacted for authentication. It looks like you are going through the same issue as i can see you have a realm discovery issue. Please ensure that your NATVM has connectivity to internet. You may have to specify it's IP and Gateway manually with the the deployazurestack.ps1 script. (that's what i actually had to do myself)

• Marked as answer by Flodu31MVP Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:15 PM
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Hello everyone one,

@Marc: My time zone is set to UTC in my BIOS.

@Gabe: Yes the account that I used is Global Admin

@Alain: Thanks for your help, I think that it's network because I can't ping anything on Internet and a buddy can from each VM. So I suppose that the problem is here. I will check the NATVM and see if the Internet connectivity is OK. I will reexecute the script with these  Parameters so. I will keep you in touch :)

Sunday, January 31, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Ok, it was this, thank you for your help :)
    Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:15 PM
  • you are welcome :)

happy to know it's sorted out! have fun playing with MAS !

Monday, February 1, 2016 7:10 AM