Oracle Database Connector in ADF unable to connect to Oracle Cloud Database RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Oracle Autonomous DataWarehouse setup. I am trying to connect to it through ADF linked service(Oracle Database connector). I have set up a Selfhosted IR and whitelisted my local desktop IP address in Oracle ADW. However, the connection does not work. Can you please help with what I am missing here?

I have installed Oracle Instant Client too on my local. I am able to connect to this Oracle ADW using ODBC connection but ADF Oracle Database connector does not work.

Has anyone come across similar scenario?

Thursday, April 2, 2020 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

Please have a look at the list of supported sources and sinks in ADF currently :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/copy-activity-overview

Since connection to Oracle Autonomous DataWarehouse is not supported, I would recommend you to use the ODBC connection to connect to your source. 

I would recommend you to provide feedback at the feedback forum. All the feedback you share, is closely monitored by the Data Factory Product team and implemented in future releases.

Also, Regarding service general availability, I would suggest to keep an eye on Azure updates

Azure updates provide information about important Azure product updates, roadmap, and announcements.

Thursday, April 2, 2020 11:27 AM
  • Thanks Chirag for responding. I am able to successfully work via the ODBC connection. 

I had my doubts but doesn't this connector(Oracle Database) connect to any Oracle Database Service in Cloud(set aside Oracle ADW)?

Thursday, April 2, 2020 10:25 PM
  • Hey there,

Unfortunately it's not supported as of today. Please provide feedback on the forum.

Wednesday, April 8, 2020 12:55 PM