none
Setup Failed for Developer Toolkit on Win8? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Anyone else getting a Setup Failed when trying to install Developer Toolkiet v 1.6.0 on Windows 8?

Says we have to install the 1.6 SDK Runtime (which we have done).

We tried on 3 different machines with the same error, tried rebooting, plugging/unplugging the device in, looked at program files and can see the sdk is installed etc. Even tried uninstalling it and doing it again after a reboot.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:36 PM

Answers

• I had 4 items installed:

- Speech recognition

- sdk 1.6

- runtime 1.6

- drivers 1.6

I ended up getting it going. Originally I'd installed runtime, then sdk (forgetting that I didn't need runtime as sdk installs it for you). I uninstalled and this time I just did sdk then dev toolkit and all happy.

Bronwen Zande - Soul Solutions Pty Ltd - Bing Maps MVP

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:38 AM

All replies

• Can you please double check in "control panel - Program and Features" whether "Kinect for Windows SDK v1.6" exists in the Insalled Program list? You need to install KinectSDK-v1.6-Setup.exe before installing Toolkit.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:01 AM
  • I had 4 items installed:

- Speech recognition

- sdk 1.6

- runtime 1.6

- drivers 1.6

I ended up getting it going. Originally I'd installed runtime, then sdk (forgetting that I didn't need runtime as sdk installs it for you). I uninstalled and this time I just did sdk then dev toolkit and all happy.

Bronwen Zande - Soul Solutions Pty Ltd - Bing Maps MVP

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:38 AM
  • Bronwen, happy to see you resolved the issue. Could you please provide some comments on this issue?

1. is your Win8 OS x86 or x64?

2. Please check the SDK installation log before the Toolkit setup failure with the following steps. And let us know whether there is failure inside.

1)Find the temp directory – from a command prompt:
           set TEMP 
        2)cd to the temp directory 
        3)dir /OD Setup*SDK.log and look for around the time you installed SDK

Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:13 PM
  • I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64. Nothing happens when I double click and try to install the Kinect SDK v1.6.

I've tried it running as an administrator, I used compatibility modes for windows 7 and xp. But, it still does not install.

Help!!

Thursday, November 1, 2012 4:14 AM