none
Provisioning site to a project in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

i have a requirment to provision the project site for the  project to the PWA when the project is published, i want to change the provision URL to different site, instead of default url that is set, can you please help me with the event or the method under the project asmx or any other service call, where i can update the property for a given project and make it to provision in different site.

I am looking for the service svc/asmx and the method where i can change the property of the project so that project site is provisioned at the diff url.

thanks

regards Vimal

• Edited by singhal Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:21 AM More info
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Project Server allows you to configure the Site Collection where the project sites will be created. If you just need to configure where the sites are created (Server Settings > Project Site Provisioning )

Does this meet your requirement?

Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page

Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Hi,

If the previous answer is not enough, you could manage it through event handling:
    - Handle the WssWorkspaceCreating, which is fired before the workspace is created
    - from this Handler, call the PSI method of the WssInteropClient CreateWssSite by providing the prjUID, site URL, Template name, etc....

Now the challenge would be to provide your desired URL: depends on your process. Maybe could you explain how you would like to make it work ?

Sylvain

Thursday, March 14, 2013 10:44 AM
  • Thanks for Replying,

Yes this is what i am actually looking for, when the project is created i want to provision the project site to diff collection form the default setting.

Now my question is this event WssWorkspaceCreating , will it help me out to change the site url, [considering i know which url to point]. web application url remain the same.

thanks

regards Vimal

Thursday, March 14, 2013 1:48 PM
  • Also can share the link for the list of event for project server 2010  since i didn't find any event WssWorkspaceCreating ....

regards Vimal

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:05 PM
  • Hi

Here you can find the list of all events for PS2010. To find it you should have scroll down at the bottom of the event list is PWA, and move to the second page (default pagination shows only the 200 first events, but in fact there are 243 events)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.project.server.library.pseventid_di_pj14mref(v=office.14).aspx

To answer your first question: yes it is possible to create a site on other location:
    - You handle the WssWorkspaceCreating event (in your event Handler assembly, create a class that inherits from WssInteropEventReceiver, create a function that overrides OnWssWorkspaceCreating)

- Instead of letting PS creating the site at the default location, you can explicitely invoke the CreateWssSite method by providing all your arguments.

This link can be usefull (maybe you have already read it): it explains the global dev process for Event Handling with Project Server.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/gg615466(v=office.14)

regards

Friday, March 15, 2013 9:58 AM