How to pass the current user of office communicator to the asp .net application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am working on a client application for "live communication server" using Microsoft asp .net 2.0 with c#. I have problem to pass on the current user's email address (SIP address) from office communicator to my asp application.

any suggestion would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    Monday, March 26, 2007 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

can you please give me some hints?

I want to develop web application which is integrated with Live communication server. how you start this application?

can you please give me some code sample for this.??

Please help me..

my id: hardikpatel_mca@hotmail.com

Thursday, May 3, 2007 7:12 AM
  • Per our support engineer:

1) You are working on a client application live communicator server using ASP.Net2.0 with C#

2) Having a problem to pass the current user’s email address from office communicator to ASP application

Please confirm and provide any additional backgroun or data that I can pass back to the engineer.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:59 PM
  • Hi Brenda,

Thanks for reply. I am designing a web application using ASP .NET 2.0 with C#. I made a TAB button in the client's office communicator. So that, when user click on the button a my web application will be substituted with the default page of office communicator. In this page users will see their messages which they have sent or received to others before. Actually, I am done this project with the one who logged on the windows operating system, but I need to figure out the email address (OR sip address OR sip account OR sign-in name - sorry, because I don't know the exact parameter name) of the user which sign up the office communicator and it can be some one other than the user who logged on the windows. I do know when office communicator has been installed in a client computer, an item will be existing in the windows registry, but how can we transfer this value from client to the web server? Or is there any object in ASP .NET to give the programmer that value in the code page or if we should install SDK of Live communication server in order to get that value, these are the things that I tried to figure out. I hope that I could explain clearly because English is my second language.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you so much.
    Friday, May 18, 2007 12:32 AM