persisting old mobile URL RRS feed

• Question

• User-1753299103 posted

While I was developing and testing the mobile application pages default.mobile.cshtm, I published them for a about 15 minutes or so in which I realized that the files had to deleted for further evaluation.

Howver some website visitors during that short time seemed to pick it up from their iphone and ipad in which weeks aferr they are still being redircetd to those mobile urls that no longer exisit. I am helpless and have no idea as how to instruct them to return to the main non-mobile pages.

Please help!

Thank you

Thursday, September 5, 2013 11:37 PM

Answers

• User-1753299103 posted

I finally found out that this issue will not resolve itself until the mobile setting that was originally set by .NET is cleared up with the following code:

Context.SetOverriddenBrowser(BrowserOverride.Desktop);

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 1:39 PM

All replies

• User177399542 posted

If links are coming from google search then you cannot do anything. They will automatically vanished by time. 

Else

If visitors have bookmarked links .... Frown In that case you can manually redirect users to correct links. 

Friday, September 6, 2013 8:32 AM
  • User895691971 posted

That will happen only if the URLs are bookmarked, saved, used in a post.

What you can do is:

1. If it is bookmarked, there is nothing that you can do. You can just create custom 404 page redirects. So that when there is a 404 error the user is autoredirected to a new page.

2. If there is something like, they are written in posts or some other stuff. You can simply remove it. 

3. If its a URL that redirects the users to some other server, you have no idea how to fix that!

Friday, September 6, 2013 11:15 AM
  • User-1753299103 posted

I finally found out that this issue will not resolve itself until the mobile setting that was originally set by .NET is cleared up with the following code:

Context.SetOverriddenBrowser(BrowserOverride.Desktop);

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, September 7, 2013 1:39 PM