Network errors during loadtest RRS feed

• Question

• I am doing a load test of a couple of different web services using this setup:

-Load test controller on a VM
    -Services deployed on web service, one frontend instance and one backend instance
    -Vusers 600 with ramp-up and no think time (yes, high load but the services doesn't do much, just testing different configs).

During the test I get Timeouts and SocketExceptions. This is really strange because the instances have no problem handling the load (looking at CPU and response times). Still, these errors only occur during the end of the test when the load is highest. So, somehow it is connected. I've looked through the IIS log but no errors there..

Any ideas?

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

Friday, February 15, 2013 8:46 AM

Answers

All replies