none
Design infopath form for custom content type used in workflow task list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a content type for workflow task list. I want to do some UI changes in task view form from infopath. I do not want to create it from scratch.

I have added the content type in the list and when click "Design form in Infopath" in list's Ribbon then i can see the automatically created design view of that content type.

Now i add a submit button and use submit option with "Main connection" (which comes as default and you can not modify this data connection).

Then i quick publish the form. I open the task from Sharepoint UI and it looks perfect. So far so good.

But i don't want to use "Main data connection" because it would create deployment issues on diff server /Site i think.

So i created a new data connection with "Submit to sharepoint library" with submit option, i given it the path of my task list for which is not working and neither it should because it is expecting a library (document content type).

Then i tried to to use the Data Connection option "Submit to hosting environment". On button submit option i choose this data connection.

I got no error in any step but when i open a new task in my task list it shows the changed UI but on submit click it does not saves the data.

How it can be done easily with keeping deployment in mind. I also wonder how "Main connection" works by which i can easily create a custom UI for workflow task in info path?

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh

Harsh

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:33 PM