Poll_List and Poll_View RRS feed

• Question

• User2068891794 posted

Hi all,

I have installed the poll on my site but I have got two problems. I am using VB.Net and SQL Server 2005.

Poll works fine apart from the Poll_view doesnt show the reactions and Poll_View doesnt show the list of polls?

i know there is no data sorce on these pages? I think I may have to add these but tried that and think my SQL statements are incorrect. 

Any ideas? is it because Im using VB.NET. I can manage polls as administrator okay and vote in polls etc?
    Thursday, October 12, 2006 4:50 AM

All replies

• User706866991 posted
    I am experiencing the same issue.  What version are you running?
    Friday, October 13, 2006 5:04 PM
  • User2068891794 posted

I think its VERSION 1.0.4.. I set up my own datasource and SQl querires but if you look in the aspx files, they look for a created by field and the SQL tables dont have a createdBy field. This is taken from poll_list.aspx

<asp:LinkButton ID="PollLink" runat="server" OnClick="PollLink_Click" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("PollId") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Question") %>'></asp:LinkButton>
                        (by <%# Eval("CreatedBy") %>, on <%#  Eval("CreationDate") %>)

I think if you get the correct SQL Query syntax you'll work it fine. Am still working on it.

Could anyone help us out here? 

Monday, October 16, 2006 4:30 AM
  • User-813531518 posted

Hi - I have the same problem. I found out that the query have a problem to match the member id's. So I changed the following statement in PollData.xsd from inner join to left outer join. Now the query find all Questions, but the CREATEDBY column only find the value NULL.

<CommandText>SELECT p.PollId, p.Question, p.CreationDate, m.firstname + ' ' + m.lastname AS CREATEDBY
    FROM PollQuestions AS p LEFT OUTER JOIN
    MemberInfo AS m ON m.memberid = p.memberid
    </CommandText>

I also removed the "CreatedBy" statement in the poll_list.aspx

<asp:LinkButton ID="PollLink" runat="server" OnClick="PollLink_Click" CommandArgument='<%# Eval("PollId") %>' Text='<%# Eval("Question") %>'></asp:LinkButton>
                        (on <%#  Eval("CreationDate") %>)

Now the List display only the Questions and the Creation date. Hope you can use this info.

Greetings from Austria
    Christian 

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 9:40 AM
  • User1275632693 posted

Is this a new feature on one of the extended Kit versions?

Don't remember seeing anything about polls in the current version.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 7:49 AM
  • User-813531518 posted

No it is not a new feature! I think there is a problem with the club.mdf if a copy is used (the member id do not match with the user id in the poll tables). It is not the best solution, but it works.

There is also a problem with reactions: If a administrator make a reaction post, it will not be displayed (but it will be counted). I think it is also a problem with the member id.

I am going to try a new club.mdf, if then the problems disappear I will report it here.

I also tried the Poll with an extended Kit, but it does not work good. It works on the Homepage (Startpage), but the Poll_View (if you click on reaction or all polls) dont use the right css file. The formating is not ok.

What do you mean, I found no solution for this problems in the forum.

Grettings CA

Thursday, December 28, 2006 8:20 AM
  • User1275632693 posted

Ok ,

I must be missing something here, where is the poll functionality in the Club Site Starter kit.

Can you list a url showing the csk with that functionality in place?

Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:01 AM
  • User-813531518 posted

You can can try my side here (is only a testaccount - do you know a good provider?) http://isee-5.at.vwdhosting.net/ 

Btw: I changed the values of the column memberid in the table dbo.MemberInfo to the same values as stored in the column UserId  in the table dbo.aspnet_Users - and the problem has gone away [:D]

Friday, December 29, 2006 6:21 AM
  • User523970105 posted

It is an add-on to the original club site.  I think that the original thread about it is this one: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1380176.aspx.

Friday, December 29, 2006 9:42 AM