How to migrate existing libraries so they are ready-for-metro?

General discussion

• Hello,

I'm using a pretty sophisticated library for almost any of my applications. It supports the architectural needs (like a microkernel, event wiring on-the-fly, a plugin model and the like). Many components used to receive their wisdom from config files, but I learned that such configs aren't supported by the metro environment.

Furthermore, is there any plugin that can assist the developers in adjusting existing code to the new platform as is listed here for example: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br230302(v=VS.110).aspx ?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Carsten

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

• I'm not aware of any automated converters. You would need to analyze your specific code to make relevant updates.

The exact details will depend greatly on how your code is written and what it is doing. If you have specific questions you can post them in the relevant forum for your language and UI toolkit.

--Rob

Thursday, September 6, 2012 4:32 PM
    Owner
  • Rob,

thanks for your reply. I just wondered if there was an add-in or such for just the very basic stuff. If not, alright. I'll let R# complain after adjusting the references :)

Carsten

Friday, September 7, 2012 3:40 PM