none
VS2019 C++ post build event command failing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Migrated an old working C++ solution from VS2013 to VS2019, the post build event commands that (still) work in VS2013 are failing in VS2019 with exit code 1. They simply copy some dlls to the target directory.

post build Event command line: copy /Y “$(SolutionDir)External\aLibrary\*.dll” “$(OutDir)”

Any ideas on what is going wrong?

Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:24 PM

Answers

• Hi bitBatty,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did the command line you provided is the same as what you input in your Post-Build Event?

If so, l tried to reproduce the issue in my side and l had find something.

These quotes are not in English format which caused the issue happened. After l changed them, l built them without any error. Please change them into English format and you will build successfully. 

If you still have any problems ,please feel free to let us know. We are willing to help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.c

Friday, August 9, 2019 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi bitBatty,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Did the command line you provided is the same as what you input in your Post-Build Event?

If so, l tried to reproduce the issue in my side and l had find something.

These quotes are not in English format which caused the issue happened. After l changed them, l built them without any error. Please change them into English format and you will build successfully. 

If you still have any problems ,please feel free to let us know. We are willing to help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.c

Friday, August 9, 2019 3:17 AM
  • Thanks Perry,

That was it. when I examine the hex code of the command line I see a 3 character byte code 0xE2809C instead of the 0x22 I would expect, and with the font I use the quotes are slightly tilted, time for new glasses for me.

The strange thing is that VS2013 does not have a problem with it.

Anyway, problem solved! 

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:07 AM