none
.Net v2.0.50727 Issues RRS feed

• Question

• When I boot-up, I get a series of error messages (.net v2.0.50727 required).  When I try to install that version, I get an error that says its already installed.  I am running Vista 6.0 SP2.  Also, all of my updates fail to install.  What's going on?  Thanks!
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hi questioningauthority,

Welcome to MSDN forums.

Some clarification with you

-          Could you please provide more clarifier error information or capture some screenshots in your reply?

-          Did this issue occur recently?

-          Have you used some clean-up tools or installed add-ins?

At first, Vista SP2 is including .NET Framework 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2 default.

Based on your description, your issue is occurred when OS is rebooted.

It seems that your OS is not installed correctly. I would recommend that you could try the following suggestions.

-          Could you please reboot your machine from SAFE MODE? Does this issue occur?

-          Could you please repair your OS drive via CHKDSK /r, which could locate bad sectors and recover readable information?

See: http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html for more information about this command.

As your updates failed, I would recommend that you could refer the following suggestions and try it again.

-          Could you please disable your anti-virus, any security software or firewall and clear up your %TEMP% folder before you would like to upgrade updates?

-          You could search C:\windows\WindowsUpdate.log file, which collect the updates’ information. You could refer this log file to narrow down your issue about windows updates.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Larcolais Gong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Larcolais Gong Friday, September 10, 2010 2:22 AM
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 5:35 AM