Best Solution to Implement : SQL Image data byte[]'s to Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• I have several images (little over a million) in my sql db as byte[]'s. I am planning to move those images to Blob Storage and save the URL in the same table in my SQL Server. Update my app to get the image from Blob using the URL.

Hoping this would save a lot of space in my expensive SQL storage and also make the first step to the cloud.

I have written an app that would read each ImageData byte[] from each row , save it to the Blob Storage in a specified Container and then get the URL (after the save is done) and then update the same table row with it.

My sample of 2000 images took about 30 min. 

simple math, its going to take about 11-12 days of continuous running of the application (above scenario) for the whole thing to be done. Looking for better solution. Please advise.

Thank You, Vijaya Malla.

Friday, July 20, 2018 2:44 AM

All replies

• You can use Azure Data Factory for copying data from SQL to Azure Blob.
    For more information, suggest you to refer Azure Data Factory.

Let me know if there are still any questions I can help with.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here
    Friday, July 20, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Checking in to see if the above answer helped. 
    Let me know if there are still any additional issues I can help with.<o:p></o:p>

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 9:25 AM
  • I havent tried this solution yet, I will try and update you. Thank You VeeraGiri Babu
    Friday, July 27, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Do try and let us know.

Saturday, July 28, 2018 10:17 AM