Artificial Intelligence project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I am an IT student and i need a program which called "game of 8" and written with PSO algorithm.

please help... SoS
    Friday, November 14, 2008 2:14 PM

Answers

• I would rather adviced you, to write it yourself. As I only looked in wikipedia, you just have to create some class "Particle" which has some memory and direction, and then you put them in some pool... that's probably all you will do. The most difficult for you will be translation of Expression (question, computation) to location and fitness initial states. But when you get how to translate In, you surely will have no problem to translate solution Back to Out... I would consider this ag from implementation (except translation) complexity as middle difficult. It means you can prepare algorithm itself in few days... In1->In2 translation can consume much more time ...
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Thursday, November 20, 2008 1:54 AM
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:12 AM
  • This link my help... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_swarm_optimization

They post some pseudocode there you may find useful.

Jon
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:48 PM

All replies

• Hi man

You'd better search the internet to find a sample code. Implementation of a PSO alorithm is more complex than writing couple of codes here and describing how it's working. also it doesnt go in this forum coz it's all related to VB.NET ways of implementing algorithems and sometimes to find or share the unknown abilities of that, and NOT related to logical discussions about AI algorithms. 

I think it's much better to first learn what a PSO algorithm is, then try to find some sample codes on internet about that and some sample codes of game implementation using PSO Alg.(sometimes the official websites of universities are helpful, i've used them), if you're lucky you may find the code you need and if not try to do it yourself. i dont think all this process will take more than 2 or 3 days. just go on

i'm sure this is the best algorithm of writing a pso algorithm....;)
    Friday, November 14, 2008 3:30 PM
  • I would rather adviced you, to write it yourself. As I only looked in wikipedia, you just have to create some class "Particle" which has some memory and direction, and then you put them in some pool... that's probably all you will do. The most difficult for you will be translation of Expression (question, computation) to location and fitness initial states. But when you get how to translate In, you surely will have no problem to translate solution Back to Out... I would consider this ag from implementation (except translation) complexity as middle difficult. It means you can prepare algorithm itself in few days... In1->In2 translation can consume much more time ...
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 12:12 AM
  • This link my help... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Particle_swarm_optimization

They post some pseudocode there you may find useful.

Jon
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:48 PM
  • If you just find some of our help usefull, and consider searching some more help at this msdn forum being needed, please appraise asking different questions right here, it can be much more useful for some of your future fellows to find here completition of partial vb tasks needed to proceed such complex task.
    (or just "please, post any following questions about correct implementation, even concrete obscurities in using concrete vb equipment right here, if you did not leave msdn too early)

regards, Matt
    Sunday, November 16, 2008 5:25 PM