none
Office Online Server - WOPI Interface -Reduce the time taking to make auto save frequency RRS feed

• Question

• In WOPI web integration we are setting File URL properties such as FileUrl in this file URL we are setting "/wopi/files/{file_id}/contents" link and internally it will call the API once we are start editing the document and from this API we are updating file version but the issue is after editing the WOPI document, triggering of the API "/wopi/files/{file_id}/contents" is taking long time and unable to find how it is getting triggered ?Is there a way we can trigger this method directly?

• Edited by nicky2313 Friday, June 12, 2020 2:58 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2020 1:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Nicky

Thanks for the question about Open Specifications.
    I will do some research for you and will get back to you shortly to assist you.

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Friday, June 12, 2020 5:22 PM
  • Hi Nicky

When you mentioned Office Online Server, which version? Is the cloud based or on-premises?

Also, we are assuming WOPI Application Integration, when you said WOPI web integration.

Looking at WOPI Open Specification section 3.3.5.3 HTTP://server/<...>/wopi*/files/<id>/contents

There are no frequencies setting associated to this URI

Per FAQ, No, auto-save cannot be disabled, nor can WOPI servers influence the frequency at which auto-saves occur. Auto-save behavior is controlled entirely by the application and can differ between applications.

If you are using the WOPI Protocol to integrate with Office for the web, you can refer to the following website Using the WOPI protocol to integrate with Office for the web

Let me know if this answered your questions

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Friday, June 12, 2020 7:04 PM
  • Hi HungChun Yu,

we are using office online server 2016 and it is on-premises.Is there a way to call the autosave method directly?. As i cant ask my end users to wait for 2minutes while saving a document (as excel takes  2 minutes to make that call after the we save the document which is saving the old changes in the document instead of saving with new changes ).

or if i close the document will office online server will make the final  call to get the latest version of the document and content?

thanks,

Nikith

• Edited by nicky2313 Friday, June 12, 2020 7:30 PM
    Friday, June 12, 2020 7:29 PM
  • Hi Nicky

WOPI readthedocs.io has information about not only frequency of auto-save but also when PutFiles are done. Yes, when closing the document and navigating away from the document page, OOS will make a final PutFile and Unlock.

Here are additional references on this particular matter

https://wopi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html

https://wopi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/edit_save.html

https://wopi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/editing_finished.html

Let me know if this helped

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Friday, June 12, 2020 9:52 PM