Theming problem in Expression Blend ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,
    I've installed the silverlight toolkit 4 properly and If I create a new project then I'll able to apply all the themes(such as BubbleCream, ExpressionDark, RainierOrange, etc) easily. But If I open the existing project and try to search for the theme then It'll not show. However If I make the reference to themes library file(such as System.Windows.Controls.Theming.ShinyRed.dll) then I can see the theme only this one in the panel. If I try to apply this theme then It appears to be transparent means it doesn't have any themeing property at all. Please guys help me out....
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:10 PM

Answers

• You appear to be referencing SL4 dlls in your SL3 app, I am surprised that this compiles as is. You should either upgrade the project to Sl4 or use the Sl3 version of the SL toolkit.
    • Marked as answer by Atinesh Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:25 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Atinesh.

Did you clean and rebuild your project after adding the dll's?

~Christine

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:33 PM
  • In an existing project you will probably have to follow instructions like these for applying a theme:

http://blogs.silverlight.net/blogs/msnow/archive/2009/02/09/silverlight-tip-of-the-day-91-how-to-apply-themes-from-the-silverlight-toolkit.aspx

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi Christine,

Yes I did that But It didn't worked.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:14 AM
  • Hi Chuck,

Is there any other way the above link was not useful.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:15 AM
  • We will need more details about the problem, post the xaml that isn't working properly, and the steps you have tried.
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:20 PM
  • Hi chuck,

It is not possible post the xaml code because it is too large. Can I send the whole application through your email address to you. It'll be very easy for u to analyze the code. Can u help me..

Friday, February 24, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Hi friends,

Here is the link for the application

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=7529e2a34bfa8106&resid=7529E2A34BFA8106!107&parid=root

Friday, February 24, 2012 10:26 AM
  • You appear to be referencing SL4 dlls in your SL3 app, I am surprised that this compiles as is. You should either upgrade the project to Sl4 or use the Sl3 version of the SL toolkit.
    • Marked as answer by Atinesh Saturday, February 25, 2012 10:25 PM
    Friday, February 24, 2012 3:16 PM