none
Difference between OH-SBE in 2.5 Vs 3.0? RRS feed

• Question

• Urgently need this information how different is OH-SBE between CSF version 2.5 Vs 3.0. What all we should take care if we work with 2.5 as compared to 3.0.
    Thursday, October 19, 2006 10:50 AM

Answers

• Some of the main difference are the following:

1) OH-SBE in CSF 3.0 is built on WSE 3.0 (CSF 2.5 uses WSE 2.0).

2) OH-SBE 3.0 also enables you to have configurable order messages (you are not limited to any specific order schema).

3) Other new features include: OH-SBE 3.0 implements its own MOM pack, performance counters, and leverages Enterprise Library.

For more information on CSF 3.0 OH-SBE please go to MSDN at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa439669.aspx.

Thanks,

Raymond

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:46 PM

All replies

• Some of the main difference are the following:

1) OH-SBE in CSF 3.0 is built on WSE 3.0 (CSF 2.5 uses WSE 2.0).

2) OH-SBE 3.0 also enables you to have configurable order messages (you are not limited to any specific order schema).

3) Other new features include: OH-SBE 3.0 implements its own MOM pack, performance counters, and leverages Enterprise Library.

For more information on CSF 3.0 OH-SBE please go to MSDN at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa439669.aspx.

Thanks,

Raymond

Thursday, October 19, 2006 3:46 PM
  • hello,

we have developed using oh sbe 2.5 and we are passing to 3.0.

Reading development guide is not clear how to configure oh sbe using the configuration tool. There are few lines about it and we don't understand which are the actions to execute for configuring sbe.

For example using oh sbe 2.5 we map an order (using productid and action) with a template manifest to pass to session. Really i don't understand how to associate a template manifest to an order using oh sbe 3.0. it seems that we can associate template manifest in system configuration. What does it means? we just have one template manifest configurable for all kind of orders?

Our purpose is to use same messages actions but with different productid. By this way in previous release we used the database stored procedure for adding a template manifest.How can we do now?

Thanks a lot,

Fabio.

Friday, November 10, 2006 4:09 PM
  • If you are trying to get something working out of the box (ohsbe 3.0), unfortunately there is no docs on that. There is lot of change when compared to 2.5, interms of how the flow of messages are and how template manifest is built.

With the current release, ohsbe builds the manifest dynamically, after it gets the participants from the ProductServiceMapping file (which has the OrchestraionIDs (which are nothing but the bindingkeys of the VASs from the UDDI)). The "ohsbe services/bin" folder has the basic SessionTemplateManifest file, that it uses as the base and that is what Ohsbeconfig is pointing to. I think you can add some default participants and routing table to the base file.

There is a SL sample that ships with the CD i believe, which also contains the ProductMapping code.  I would encourage you to go throught the docs that came with SL, and how it is implemented. There a sample TestClient that can be just used to test the SL.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Friday, November 10, 2006 9:26 PM
  • ok thanks Tilak.

We are going on in configuring the environment, we have some trouble with identity manager, but now i understand the way ohsbe builds manifest.

We are already using the oh sbe samples with sl sample.

Thanks very much.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 11:28 AM