Missing Hindi, Georgian and Kazakh in Locale list RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add Hindi, Georgian and Kazakh locales to the list of available locales in Region and Language App in the control panel but I can't seem to find the missing component in the distribution share. I've also tried to install Windows 7 language packs on the target machine with packs from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14236/language-packs but a message displayed when trying to add the pack which stated roughly that this pack wasn't able to install.

Is there an update to the distribution share that might address this? Has anyone successfully installed any of these packs?

Thank you for your help.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017 8:19 PM

All replies

• You must use the language pack's CAB file from the distribution share and add it using DISM:

dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:X:\PathXXX\XXX.CAB

Maybe you will need additional features (f.ex. fonts), use ICE to find out on which additional features the language pack depends on.

Best regards
    Willi K.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 10:14 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately the distribution share doesn't contain Hindi, Georgian or Kazakh. While searching for an answer there are a few posts that state you must have Windows 7 Ultimate or Enterprise in order to install those additional languages. Any other ideas?

Perseon.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:25 PM
  • Do you have WEDU installed to download updates to your distribution share?

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:42 AM
  • In addition to Sean's statement: Since you were talking about Windows 7 Enterprise/Ultimate  -which O/S is installed on your "target computer"? This forum is abount Windows Embedded Standard 7, which is different from "common" Windows 7 edititoins.
    Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:58 AM
  • Hello Sean,

I do have WEDU and have everything up to date as of yesterday. But still none of the languages mentioned above are part of the distribution share.

Keith

Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:13 PM
  • Hi Willi K,

The target computer contains the WES7 OS that I built using ICE and still no Hindi, Georgian or Kazakh language packs. You'd think that 422 million Hindi speakers/readers/writers would be enough to get the attention of Microsoft.

Keith

Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:20 PM
  • It has been awhile, but I don't think a Language package came out for Hindi. A lot of effort went into the language packages since the days of Windows XP. Lots of code to clean up. AS a result I don't think they came out with all the languages back then. There is a language interface pack (LIP) that could be added. More information: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/bb688177

Download: https://www.microsoft.com/hi-in/download/details.aspx?id=17036 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, December 15, 2017 4:10 AM