Option to Close borders to truck routes RRS feed

• Question

• It would be fantastic to be able to close borders for route calculations.   The carriers we use in the USA never cross borders to decrease the distance traveled.  Crossing a border entails a lot of work for a trucker.  Unfortunately, there are many cases where the route calculated by the Bing Truck api can start in the USA, cross in to Canada, and then cross back in to the USA.  Having an option to disable border crossings would solve this problem for us. 

Does anyone know of a decent workaround or have any suggestions?  The only thing I could think of would be to add additional waypoints manually to force a specific routes but that's not a very good solution for us.

Monday, February 18, 2019 7:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

I have escalated this request to the Bing Maps Routing Team for review.  Are you a current Bing Maps customer with an active Bing Maps Account?  Your profile does not list a company or I would have tried to find you on LinkedIn.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Sorry for the delayed response.  The company that is using the Truck Routing API is Silvaris.  

thanks for escalating the request.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Hi Tom,

Can you reach out to MapLic@Microsoft.com?  I will connect you to the development team to capture your full scenario for inspection and review.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:25 PM
  • Hi IoTGirl,

Thank you.  I've reached out to the email address you provided.  I appreciate the help.

Tom

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:15 PM
  • Excellent!  I have reached out to them as well to watch for your email.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 9:56 PM