Creating a basic project with IVsProjectFactory RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am trying to create a simple project type for my Isolated Shell. Since our project is not targeted for development languages, I decided to not use the MPF to create the project, and its hierarchy. Which means, I have to implement everything from scratch.

My first goal is to create the project, and have it say "project creation sucessful." But I can't seem to get to that step. So I am looking for some clarification to get me there.

I have an impl of IVsProjectFactory and an impl of IVsProject3. In IvsProjectFactory CreateProject I return an instance of the impl of IVsProject3. I have set a breakpoint in all the overrides but it never hits them. Is there another interface that I need to implement? 

Also, I can't seem to download the 2005 SDK Samples that contains the BasicProj written in C++; as the 2010 samples don't have them. Any link would be great!

• Changed type Ego Jiang Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:24 AM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:37 PM

All replies

• Why not using mpf I think it is convenient. You can refer to:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512961.aspx

To C++, if we use IVsProjectFactory::CreateProject, can it be called?

Friday, September 28, 2012 8:25 AM
  • Hi  sharonjl,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thanks,

Ego [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 8:24 AM