none
Cloning RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on an x86 based architecture that is running WinCE 6.0 R3.

I need to make some modifications to the source code in the following driver:

C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\NOPDISP

So I am trying to clone this but am having some issues. I copied this folder to my BSP drivers folder and changed the dirs so that this folder would be built. When I built the BSP, it complains with the following error:

BUILD: [01:0000000061:ERRORE] NMAKE : U1073: don't know how to make 'C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\myOS\myOS\Wince600\Intel_CS_x86\cesysgen\oak\lib\x86\retail\ddi_nop.def'

Could anybody please give some pointers on how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Samie

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:19 PM

All replies

• I agree with D Hart, those are great places to start!

The problem that you have is that the DEFFILE or WINCETARGETFILE has the wrong path.  You need to change it after moving the folder.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:00 PM
  • Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I followed the instructions in Bruce's article. When I rebuild the OS design, it failed complaining that it could not find ddi_nop.def in C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\LIB\X86\RETAIL

(ddi_nop is what I was trying to clone from C:\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\DISPLAY\NOPDISP).

It turned out that somehow in the process of cloning, ddi_nop.def disappeared from the above output folder (*\LIB\x86\RETAIL). I then built nodisp from the public folder, and then restarted my OS design build.

All of it built successfully, but I am still a bit surprised about the above problem. Could it be that when I ran sysgen_capture tool, something went wrong during the process and it removed the .def file?

Thanks,

Samie

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:53 PM