Mirr RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to configure mirroring setup in sql 2008r2.
    as i am not able to configure through GUI i am configuring with commands

server1:
    ALTER DATABASE [db1] SET PARTNER = 'TCP://serevr2:5022';

Server2:
    ALTER DATABASE [db1] SET PARTNER = 'TCP://server1:5022';

I trying to telnet in both servers with commands (telnet server2 5022 & telnet server1 5022 ) in cmd but its not connecting.
    But when i am telnet with port 80 (telnet server2 80 & telnet server1 80 )its connecting.. May i know what is the reason?
    How to resolve?

Thanks,
    Jo

pols

• Moved by Tom Phillips Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:32 PM Mirroring question
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

maybe your firewall is blocking the port 5022 ?

Change your firewall configuration.

Kind regards,

Andreas

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:16 PM
  • Hi joo123,

>> May i know what is the reason? How to resolve?

May be your firewall block the port 5022. Please follow the  steps from below blog to open the port 5022 in firewall. Please refer to How to open firewall ports in Windows.

For using T-SQL to configure database mirroring, please follow steps from MS official document.

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by joo123 Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:13 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by joo123 Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:13 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:07 AM
  • No. the port 5022 is not blocked. 

I even created inbound rule for the port 5022 in firewall also..

still the same issue..

pols

Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:14 AM
  • Hi joo123,

Could you please share us the error message when the telnet command failed?  Please check your port number is correct in two server. Please check the endpoint sate using below T-SQL. 
    SELECT name,role_desc, state_desc FROM sys.database_mirroring_endpoints   
    Please test server connectivity with PING from the client machine ( ping IP address). Please try to disable Antivirus software. But you need to re-enable it after test.  If it also still not work, please let me know. 

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, November 1, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Actual problem is the principal server IP is having two dns entries. So when i tenet with host name its conflicting. so not able to tenet. I escalated to windows team to check. once they resolve the issue i hope i can telnet the port with host name. Thanks for your help.

pols

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 11:08 AM