Push notifications not working in xamarin forms. RRS feed

• Question

• User366365 posted

I am working on xamarin forms. Where I am trying to send push notifications using google firebase and App center. Created one project on firebase and created one app on the App Center. Downloaded google-service.jon and pasted in the android project and configured server key with app center. After all the configuration I am trying to send push notification from the app center and changed manifest also as per documentation. But it is showing 0 sent

what could be the problem?

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 6:52 AM

All replies

• User382871 posted

1.After adding the google-services.json file to the .Droid project in Visual Studio, have you set the Build Action to GoogleServicesJson ?

2.Try to close and reopen the application on the device, then click Send notification menu on appcenter. Detailed tutorials on Implements push notification in Xamarin.Forms using Google Firebase, check the link.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:16 PM
  • User366365 posted

@Jarvan said: 1.After adding the google-services.json file to the .Droid project in Visual Studio, have you set the Build Action to GoogleServicesJson ?

2.Try to close and reopen the application on the device, then click Send notification menu on appcenter. Detailed tutorials on Implements push notification in Xamarin.Forms using Google Firebase, check the link.

@Jarvan yes it is kept as GoogleServicesJson and I followed the same video but messages are not coming. Showing Sent 0/0 in the app center

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 12:30 PM
  • User382871 posted

If you do not receive a message, try deleting the FCMClient app on the device (or emulator) and repeat the previous steps.

Refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/data-cloud/google-messaging/remote-notifications-with-fcm?tabs=windows#send-a-message

Thursday, November 28, 2019 9:35 AM
  • User382834 posted

Depending on the Xamarin.Firebase.Messaging NuGet package version that you have, this will not work on v71.

Sunday, December 1, 2019 3:13 AM
  • User125363 posted

For me I added a firebase NuGet to ensure the build option appears - as per https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/175159/i-didnt-find-googleservices-json-in-the-build-action?

Monday, February 15, 2021 4:34 PM