locked
[Windows 10] Problem in the MDM enrollment for Windows 10 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    We are having an issue in the MDM enrollment for Windows 10 devices.

    When we checked the registry at the time of WNSConfiguration failure, the value for ProviderID/Push/Status was "4" (Failure: no Channel URI assigned) , and it seemed like the retrieval of ChannelURI failed.

    After our examination, it was found out that the execution of WMI was failed. So we re-complied MOF file of MDMAppProv and MDMSettingsProv respectively using mofcomp.exe. Then, it became that the retrieval of ChannelURI went successfully, and our Windows 10 device started to return "200". 

    Is this a bug?

    Also, it seems like that it won't go successfully if you install Windows 10 on a Japanese environment. Is the language setting something to do with this problem?

    Monday, November 16, 2015 10:52 AM

All replies

  • Additional notes.

    We tested on both English version and Japanese version of Windows 10.

    Followings are the details of the environments we tested and its results.

    [English Version]
    1. Windows Pro 10 10240 for VirtualBox, downloaded from modern.IE. Result > Successful.
    2. Windows 10 10576 on the "Paralles Desktop on Mac", upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Result > Successful.

    [Japanese Version]
    3. Windows 10 Pro 10240 on Epson Endeavor, upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Result > NG
    4. Windows 10 Pro 10240, 10565, 10576, 10586, on Surface Pro 3, upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Results > all are NG

    For the case of No.3 above, by re-compiling the MOF file, the retrieval of ChannelURI went successful. 
    For all the NG cases, it always returned SyncML "500"  to the server after 30 seconds. In this case, according to the Event Viewer, it failed at WMI.

    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:26 AM