Attachments in a Feedback List RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I am working on updating a SharePoint site (2010) and have created a Question/Feedback and Response page. My issue is when I attach a document, there is no option to open it. I have modified the view to create the column and the paperclip will show that there is a document attached, but when I click it, it just selects the line, and doesn't open the document or bring up the Question/Response where the link may be shown. Any suggestions?

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:24 PM

Answers

• Hi emlawson12,

By default, the paperclip icon in the list only display whether the item has attachments.

In SharePoint 2010, we can customize SXL for the list web part using SharePoint Designer to displaying attachments.

1. Open list view in SharePoint Designer, and insert column to right/left as you want.

2. Find the da tag of the new inserted column.

2. Chang it to the following XSL:

<td id="ItemAttchment">

<xsl:element name="SharePoint:AttachmentsField">

<xsl:attribute name="runat">server</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="FieldName">Attachments</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="ControlMode">Display</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="Visible">true</xsl:attribute>

<xsl:attribute name="ItemId">

<xsl:value-of select="@ID"/>

</xsl:attribute>

</xsl:element>

</td>

3. Save the view. Then back to the list in browser, refresh the page and check the results.

Read the following blog for more detail steps:

http://amitphule.blogspot.sg/2012/04/display-item-attachments-in-sharepoint.html

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by emlawson12 Thursday, November 30, 2017 12:54 PM
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 8:05 AM