How to Get the Output in the Mobile RRS feed

• Question

• User383426871 posted

I have currently developed my first Mobile web application and i got the output correctly in Openwave Simulator.
    But i don't know how to proceed so that i can get the output in the real device.
    I have not deployed the Web application also so please give me the Steps of deployment.
    Can any one help me regarding the Steps to get the Output in the mobile.

Expecting the reply at the earliest.

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:10 AM

All replies

• User-95607119 posted

To test your app on real devices you have to make your site visible in internet. Otherwise devices cannot access WAP site running on your computer. Real devices come to your site this way:

device<->mobile operator<->WAP gateway/proxy<->your site

So, without making your site visible in internet real devices cannot access it.

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:23 AM
  • User383426871 posted

Dear Qnnn,

Thanks for replying me.

Can you please tell me how to make my application visible in the Internet.
    The Steps to Make my site visible in the Internet.
    Expectinf your immediate reply.

Monday, September 12, 2005 3:40 AM
  • User-95607119 posted

Expecting that your computer is protected with firewall you have to make your IIS port open there. Usually IIS sits behind port 80 as any other HTTP server. After opening your web server port you can access WAP site on your machine using mobile device. Just enter the IP or hostname your computer has in Internet and you're done. In the case you have router between your computer and modem you should add new routing entry to your router that redirects all connections that are made to port 80 to your computer. Then you should be done.

Monday, September 12, 2005 6:53 AM