Converting Japanese characters. RRS feed

• Question

• What is the equivalent of Microsoft.VisualBasic.VbStrConv in Metro Style Apps? Is there a way to convert unicode characters into japanese characters?
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:11 AM

Answers

• I'm still not sure I understand what you are asking for, but take a look at the System.Text.Encoding.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:02 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by converting Unicode characters to Japanese characters? Can you explain your scenario and what you are trying to achieve?

VB's StrConv converts between different types of Japanese characters (among other conversions). It doesn't convert between Unicode and MBCS encodings. 

--Rob

• Marked as answer by sierpinski Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:28 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by sierpinski Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:28 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:17 AM
  • Hey Rob! Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm sorry to confuse you with my question.

Here is what i am trying to do: I have a textbox where the user inputs japanese characters. What I want to do is to convert what the user inputs into either a single byte or a double byte hiragana/katakana characters. Much like the way VB's StrConv works in older versions of Visual Studio after referencing the Microsoft.VisualBasic library.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:53 AM
  • I'm still not sure I understand what you are asking for, but take a look at the System.Text.Encoding.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:36 AM
    Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:02 PM