none
Designer view in Xamarin.Forms with Visual Studio 2015 Update 3

Question

• I just wanted to know that, is it possible to get the designer view in Xamarin.Forms with Visual Studio 2015. It's very hard to compile code every time to check the simple changes.

Thank You in advance.
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hello!

Yes it's possible (see image below).

The Shortcut is "Shift + F7" or View/Designer.

I'm using VS2015 Update 3.

Hop it's useful for you ! :)

VP utiliser le bouton "Marquer comme réponse"; sur les réponses qui vous aide car cela permet aux personnes qui peuvent rencontrer le même problème que vous, de retrouver rapidement quelle est la réponse qui a résolu leur problème. De plus, cela encourage aussi la personne qui a répondu à votre question, et de répondre aux suivantes...

Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:57 PM
  • I don't have designer in View menu :(

Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Do you have this version of VS2015?

Do you have the last Xamarin's version?

VP utiliser le bouton "Marquer comme réponse"; sur les réponses qui vous aide car cela permet aux personnes qui peuvent rencontrer le même problème que vous, de retrouver rapidement quelle est la réponse qui a résolu leur problème. De plus, cela encourage aussi la personne qui a répondu à votre question, et de répondre aux suivantes...

Thursday, November 24, 2016 7:11 PM
  • No, I have 00322 2000 XXXX XXXX and updating now. :)
    Friday, November 25, 2016 5:04 AM
  • Ok!

Keep me inform ! :)

Friday, November 25, 2016 9:16 AM
  • This issue is resolved, I have to update Xamarin.

Now, I got the design preview but design in not loading in design view, I can't even refresh or reload the design view, is there anything that I have to do ?

Saturday, November 26, 2016 3:54 AM
  • I tried too and I confirm you can't in Xamarin.Form. You only have the designer preview. My sample wasn't in Xamarin.Form but in Xamarin.Android

Saturday, November 26, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Hi Chandresh Khambhayata,

In my side, when I edit the wpf xaml file, the control will be updated in design view. Please share me which issue you encountered. No matter what Android or WPF, the design will be updated in real time with layout changing.

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 28, 2016 9:27 AM